Jerky playback (sort of fixed)

Chris Jensen christopher.jensen at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
Sun Jul 22 15:13:22 CEST 2001

Hi,
In case theres anyone else waiting on Xvideo support for tvout with nvidia,
i've enabled frame buffering in the kernel and that's improved performance a
bit - the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon fight train in the bamboo forrest is
now perfectly smooth in 640x480 @16bpp and i even get about 20% cpu spare!
(the screen used to tear so bad that it looked like there were two seperate
things happening on the top and bottom of the screen)

However the audio's still a little out of sync, I remember discussion about
this a while ago, is it supposed to be fixed now?
I've been playing with mplayer for my other video formats, and I notice it
has an option to delay the audio by a positive or negative amount - would it
be possible to have a feature like this in vlc?

Thanks
Chris Jensen