question about output modules

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Mon Jul 23 10:40:26 CEST 2001

Hi,

I have both an ATI 128 Rage Fury Pro and a Matrox G400.  I try to get one
of those two working on my TV, and I want to use either vlc, xine or oms
to watch DVD's.  So far I've had the most success with vlc.

Anyway, the thing is that :
a) for the ATI, the only way to actually get TV/OUT working is by using a
VESA X server (really slow) or a framebuffer X server (a bit faster, but
still not good enough).

b) for the Matrox, I can get X working in clone mode on both the screens;
only the second head does TV/OUT and the second head doesn't do
acceleration and stuff.  The case in point being that I cannot get any
output from vlc to show on the TV.  What output module should work in
giving me UNaccelerated video out ? What steps should I take to force vlc
in using a slower mode that would hopefully display something on my TV ?

Thanks,
Thomas

Don't shut your eyes just yet
Don't even open your mouth just yet
Because there's things you've got to see
There's things you won't believe of me
<-*- thomas at apestaart.org -*->