[ANN] vlc 0.2.81

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Sat Jul 28 07:47:50 CEST 2001

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 07:14:31AM +0200, Samuel Hocevar wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 28, 2001, Scott Lambert wrote:
> > ./configure is not building Makefile.opts from Makefile.opts.in for me.
>
>    What is happening ? Does it return an error, or does it just run
> without creating Makefile.opts ? Could you give some more information
> about how it fails, such as the output of ./configure, or the config.log
> file ?

I found the problem.  I have both sdl-1.0.8 and sdl-1.2.2 installed.
configure found 1.0.8 and stopped looking.  So configure errored out saying
I needed sdl 1.1.5 or higher.  I mis-interpretted that as an informational
only message.  To get around that I did an
"export SDL_CONF=/usr/local/bin/sdl11-config" since that is how the FreeBSD
port installs sdl-config for sdl12.  Don't ask me why...

Anyway that fixed it.  I just had make myself look like an idiot before
I could see what was wrong.  Please excuse me.

The compile worked and for the first time I am able to watch a DVD under
FreeBSD.  Thank you very much for your hard work.

--
Scott Lambert          KC5MLE            Unix SysAdmin -- Looking for work.
lambert at lambertfam.org       http://www.lambertfam.org/~lambert/resume.html