2.0.81 problems with RH 7.1

Robert J. Hansen rjhansen at inav.net
Sun Jul 29 04:33:16 CEST 2001

> > ... Can anyone give me a pointer on what's going on here, and how to get
> > VLC working?
>
>    The xvideo plugin is failing to allocate XvImages, though the X
> server reported XVideo was supported. You can switch to x11 output by
> using the "-V x11" flag, or you can try to investigate why XVideo does
> not work properly ; do you know of any other applications using XVideo
> which work on your system ?

Well, xine doesn't work with XVideo, either--something, IIRC, about how
the Voodoo3 XVideo support isn't what it should be.

With -V sdl I get the same set of errors--unable to allocate shared
image data, etc., etc.  With -V x11, everything works fine, if a tad bit
slow--that would surprise me, given the power of this rig, if it weren't
for the fact that I suspect the problem is in the (much older) video
card.

Thanks, guys.  :)