Little Bug in configure

Michael Flohr flohr at itp.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jul 30 14:30:57 CEST 2001

Hi Christophe,

> > just installed vlc-0.2.81.
> > Everything went fine, but there is a very small bug in the
> > configure script. Configure is unable to detect my SDL,
> > since I installed it under /usr/X11R6, and not under
> > /usr/local. There are many programs around which use
>
> Is your sdl-config program in $PATH ? (which sdl-config)

Yes it is in $PATH (/usr/X11R6/bin/sdl-config).
As far as I can notice, configure complains that it cannot find
SDL/SDL.h which in my case is in /usr/X11R6/include, i.e.
/usr/X11R6/include/SDL/SDL.h .
I checked that the little test program configure uses is compiled
with gcc ... -I/usr/local/include ... without any other -I/whatsoever
options. This "-I/usr/local/include" in turn comes from a
pre-definition of CCFLAGS etc. somewhere up in the configure
script. Does this help?

Michael