O.2.80 segfault with xvideo

Julien Gaulmin julien23 at multimania.com
Sat Jun 9 17:29:13 CEST 2001

Hi,

I get a segfault when I try to run the new vlc 0.2.80 with xvideo output
although SDL output works fine. The fault appears when I try to open the DVD
and when the display window is launched.

With another DVD I simply get a black window and lots of "PES trashed -
decoder fifo full !"

julien

PS: here are some logs and infos

XFree 4.0.2 with NVidia modules (x11 and kernel)

phacoch:~> cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.4.5 (root at phacoch) (gcc version 2.95.2 20000220 (Debian GNU/Linux)) #1 sam jun 9 13:34:15 CEST 2001

phacoch:~> /proc/cpuinfo
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 7
model name	: Pentium III (Katmai)
stepping	: 3
cpu MHz		: 501.146
cache size	: 512 KB
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 2
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
bogomips	: 999.42

phacoch:~> gnome-vlc --vout xvideo -vvvvvvv
VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.80 Ourumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN

intf: playlist initialized
module: checking built-in modules
module: builtin module `es', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Elementary Stream input module
module: builtin module `ps', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Program Stream input module
module: builtin module `ts', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Transport Stream input module
module: builtin module `yuv', YUV transformations module
module: builtin module `idct', IDCT module
module: builtin module `idctclassic', classic IDCT module
module: builtin module `motion', motion compensation module
module: builtin module `imdct', AC3 IMDCT module
module: builtin module `downmix', AC3 downmix module
module: builtin module `dvd', full DVD input module with CSS decryption
module: builtin module `dummy', dummy functions module
module: builtin module `null', the Null module that does nothing
module: builtin module `rc', remote control interface module
module: builtin module `yuvmmx', MMX YUV transformations module
module: builtin module `idctmmx', MMX IDCT module
module: builtin module `motionmmx', MMX motion compensation module
module: builtin module `idctmmxext', MMX EXT IDCT module
module: builtin module `motionmmxext', MMX EXT motion compensation module
module: builtin module `imdct3dn', 3D Now! AC3 IMDCT module
module: builtin module `imdctsse', SSE AC3 IMDCT module
module: builtin module `downmix3dn', 3D Now! AC3 downmix module
module: builtin module `downmixsse', SSE AC3 downmix module
module: checking plugin modules
module: browsing `.'
module: browsing `lib'
module: browsing `/home/julien23/usr/local/lib/videolan/vlc'
module: plugin module `dsp', Linux OSS /dev/dsp module
module: plugin module `sdl', Simple DirectMedia Layer module
module: plugin module `gnome', Gnome interface module
module: plugin module `gtk', Gtk+ interface module
module: plugin module `x11', X11 module
module: plugin module `xvideo', XVideo extension module
module: module bank initialized
module: locking module `gnome'
intf: interface initialized
module: hiding unused plugin module `xvideo'
module: hiding unused plugin module `x11'
module: hiding unused plugin module `gtk'
module: hiding unused plugin module `sdl'
module: hiding unused plugin module `dsp'
intf: added `dvd:/dev/dvd' to playlist
module: locking module `dvd'
input: opening file `dvd:/dev/dvd'
dvd info: netlist initialized
ifo info: vmg initialized
css info: GetASF authenticated
css info: already authenticated
dvd info: css initialized
dvd info: number of titles: 10
ifo info: vts 1 initialized
dvd: title 1 vts_title 1 pgc 1
css info: vts key initialized
dvd info: stream size 1: 6327117824 @ 3089413
dvd info: title: 1
vobstart at: 198723584
stream size: 6319452160
number of chapters: 5
number of angles: 1

dvd info: video
compression: mpeg-2
tv system: ntsc 525/60 Hz
aspect ratio: 4:3
display mode: not specified
line21-1: data present in GOP
line21-2:
source res: 720x480 ntsc or
720x576 pal
letterboxed: no
mode: camera

dvd info: video mpeg2
stream
module: locking module
`motionmmxext'
module: locking module
`idctmmxext'
dvd info: video selected
dvd info: audio 1
language: English
mode: ac3
channel(s): 5
sampling: 48000 Hz
appl_mode: not specified
caption:
quantization: drc
status: 0

dvd info: audio stream 1 English (ac3)      (0x80bd)
dvd info: spu 1
caption: 0
language: English
prefix: 100