Please remove roger at webon.net and arne at webon.net from this list

Einar N Augedal einar at webon.net
Wed Jun 13 08:21:13 CEST 2001

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: vlc-bounce at videolan.org [mailto:vlc-bounce at videolan.org]På vegne av
Jason Mancini
Sendt: 12. juni 2001 21:53
Til: vlc at videolan.org
Emne: Re: css error: CSS decryption is disabled in this module

I get that with the Mandrake RPMs too.  I took a
look at the script they use to generate the RPMs,
and indeed they strip CSS from vlc, and then make
a vlc-css module.  Funny, they rename file css.o
to dvd-css.o for some reason.  I never did get it
to read a DVD.  Redhat RPMs worked fine though.

What I'd like to know is why I have to build with
--disable-mmx, else I get audio + blank video...
related to the yuv thing?  (AMD Duron)

/Jason

----Original Message Follows----
I could play DVDs at last. I thought vlc-0.2.73-1mdk.src.rpm
didn't have dvd decoding routines and a vlc-css package provided such a
feature.
But the vlc package actually had non-css routines as a built-in module,
then it didn't permit to use an external module dvd-css.so.
Is it mispackaging? Or something reason for legal?