Poor Performance

Jason Bradley Nance jbnance at tresgeek.net
Wed Jun 20 17:02:54 CEST 2001

Samuel Hocevar wrote:

>> 3) I have a set of Altec-Lansing ADA880 speakers (Dolby Digital 5.1)
>> with the SPDIF connector to my DVD decoder card.  How can I get the
>> SPDIF to work?
>
>    I don't know. What is your soundcard? --spdif is supposed to work if
> the card supports SPDIF decoding under Linux.

I have a Turtle Beach Montego II Quadzilla.  It uses the Vortex 2
chipset (which isn't supported very well under linux).

I've always had problems with this card under linux, so I'm thinking
probably "no".  I haven't tried to get the Alsa drivers to work with it
yet, maybe that will help.

Thanks.

Jason Bradley Nance
jbnance at tresgeek.net
http://www.tresgeek.org/

-
When we walk to the edge of all the light we have
  and take a step into the darkness of the unknown
  we must believe that one of two things will happen:
         There will be something solid for us to stand on
          or we will be taught to fly.

                 -Patrick Overton, "Faith"