No Video (DVD for the blind?)

Sean C. Payne scpayne at digital.net
Thu Jun 21 19:35:29 CEST 2001

Yes, I did just upgrade, but that was in an attempt to get to get vlc
working...  I was having the same results under 4.03.

It is working, mostly, now.

If I use
    vlc --yuv yuv --overlay -I gnome -V sdl

    it works with slight frame drop.  I still get the error message, but
    I get video now.

    vlc --yuv yuv --overlay -I gnome -V x11

    works and seems to have less frame drop and no error message.

I'll grab the .src.rpms for SDL, rpm --rebuild and see if that helps...

FYI, I'm not surprised about the frame drop as I'm on a Dell Inspiron 7K
with a mobile PII-366, 256mb RAM, 8mb ATI Rage LT Pro.  As a reference,
I have played DVD's under Win98 without the frame drop, but there was a
lot less going on in Win98...  Also, vlc under BeOS works, but with
worse frame drop (I think it was 0.2.73 I used when booted into Be.)

Sincerely,
Sean C. Payne