segfaults in spdif mode

Elias Naur naur at hco.kollegienet.dk
Sun Jun 24 21:33:52 CEST 2001

Hi

  I really enjoy having vlc player for playing dvd's on my linuxbox, but I
have a problem with spdif support:

  When in normal stereo mode, vlc plays fine with my (for now) only dvd and
various Dolby Digital and DTS trailers, but when --spdif is given, it
segfaults just after starting playback, or no sound is coming out (and the
"Dolby Digital" on the decoder blinks confused), and the lines are displayed
over the film. I have tried the latest CVS ver. from today, and 0.2.80, but
no difference, and I use rh 71 with KDE 2.1.1 and kernel 2.4.5. Additionally,
I have a Live Value 1024 soundcard and the snapshot drivers from the 22/6. I
_can_ hear the stereo sound through the spdif and I can hear ac3 sound ripped
from the trailers with extract_ac3 and play-ac3, just not ac3 through vlc. If
you need more info (or want me to test something), just let me know. Is there
other dvd players for linux out there with spdif support?

Regards, Elias