Subtitile problems.

Gavin Lucas gavin at basaix.uk.ibm.com
Wed Jun 27 15:16:46 CEST 2001

Hello.

I have a problem with subtitles in vlc.

As soon as the first subtitle is supposed to appear on the screen, vlc
hangs.  The following goes out to stdout/stderr.

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x323c)!
PES trashed - decoder fifo full !
   <last line repeated 1742 times>
PES trashed - decoder fifo full !
iEmpty iovec FIFO (905:912). Unable to allocate memory
dvd error: can't get iovec

I only own two DVDs and they both behave in the same way.  The DVDs are
'Ghost In The Shell' and 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon'.

I'm running Redhat 7.1 with the Linux kernel at 2.4.5

If there is any other PD or information that I can collect, please let me
know.

Many thanks,

--
        Gavin. :-)               """