Problems with vlc 0.2.80

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Jun 28 09:58:03 CEST 2001

I've investigated this a little (I've got what looks like the same problem with the directX plugin) and at least for the directX plugin, I know the segfault occurs in vout_Manage().

In vout_Manage() (for Xvideo and directX) plugin, we use p_rendered_pic which is assigned a value in video_output.c in RunThread(). But it is assigned a value only if pic!=NULL, and it seems it isn't always the case (I don't know why... maybe the picture buffer is not ready yet).
Anyway, sometimes vout_Manage uses a non initialised p_renderer_pic pointer...

I suppose the solution is to check for the validity of the pointer inside the xvideo and directx plugins, but I haven't got time to do it yet. I'll test this as soon as I can.

PS: I know this is what's happening for the directx plugin, but I can't use the xvideo plugin (video card not supported) so I can't rely tell the same thing is happening. But I think it's a good guess.

--
Gildas

Une gamme d'outils gratuits et performants à votre service.
Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 E TTC/min - 2,21 F TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,15 E TTC/min - 1,00 F TTC/min)