Problems with vlc 0.2.80

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Jun 28 23:28:37 CEST 2001

Michael, would it be possible for you to test a patch if I sent one? I don't
have an Xvideo supported video card so I cannot test it myself.

Even better... if you could compile VLC with the --enable-debug option
(./configure --enable-debug) and try to run it with a debugger like GDB and
try to spot where the segfaults are happening.

If you can do that could you do it with the current cvs version of vlc. The
cvs version includes a fix to initialize p_rendered_pic to NULL, so If my
theory is good, testing from the cvs version should help us to spot the
culprit.

I know, I ask a lot but as I already said I can't use Xvideo myself so I
cannot be of much use.

Thanks,

--
Gildas