Bug Report...

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Thu Mar 8 10:36:35 CET 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001, Michael Lloyd Lee wrote:

> My guess for the requements of the server (does BeOS have the server?)

   No, BeOS doesn't have a suitable network stack for it. Even the
client does not work in network mode under BeOS, we will have to wait
for BONE.

> is a high end PC (PII+ lots of ram) and a stonkingly fast network card
> :)

   Depends on what you call `stonking', you'd be surprised ;-) A 10 Mbps
card should do the job in broadcast mode. As for the CPU, it'll depend
on how many streams are broadcasted. Sometimes an old Pentium 75 can do
the job.

Regards,
--
Sam.