BeOS Version Problem

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Fri Mar 9 02:39:48 CET 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001, Eberhard Hafermalz wrote:

> having problems with replaying my Matrix DVD (haven't got any other
> ATM). The non-encrypted "Making of" shows pretty severe black lines
> everytime a movement of the picture occurs.

   Ok, this is the worst possible case of picture deterioration due to
scaling (http://zoy.org/~sam/weavescaling.png for those interested).
Basically it happens because the picture is interlaced, and then a few
lines are added or removed by the vlc's inner scaling, and then again a
few lines are added or removed by the BBitmap scaling. Next version of
the video output should remove most if not all of theses artifacts.

--
Sam.