General experiences with 0.2.63 on suse linux 7.1

Gunther Hermann gunther.hermann at web.de
Mon Mar 12 10:58:18 CET 2001

Hi

OK, I've been trying 0.2.63 now some time on my system
(suse linux 7.1) and like to make a few comments just for
feedback:

* compilation was fine
* input now looping works fine ('fixing' the problem
  of not properly shutting down on end of input).
* sdl video output great as ever
* interface enhancements (dvd title/chapter selection)
  work fine.

Problems encountered were:

* input stream tends to jump at will (especially when
  you set the stream with the slider, after 10 minutes
  or so of playing the stream 'pointer' jumps back to
  where you set it before - second chance for the distracted)
  as opposed to 0.2.62
* sound downmixing is fixed, but apart from that quality
  seems to be worse compared to 0.2.62 (high freqency
  echo noise the same, 'clicking' got worse, and there
  are other artifacts like the intro music track of
  'Usual suspects' dvd not keeping the tone - you know,
  up's and down's - whereas dialogue is OK).

By the way: if you got any ideas how to improve sound please
let me know cause I'm about to look into this.

Finally: your work is great (I must repeat that so you do not
forget) and gives me much pleasure.

Thanks
Gunther