Question of VideoLAN

Henri Fallon henri at via.ecp.fr
Mon Mar 12 13:11:36 CET 2001

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001, catherine wrote:
> We've sent about questions of VideoLAN  Tool for you.
> But we still not recevie your any answer from VideoLAN.
> Can you help?

First of all, you *have* been sent an answer. It's a *very* bad idea
to put gnu at gnu.org in Cc of such a mail, they just have nothing to do
with this. Please be careful about what you do, and read the mail you
receive.

> > > 1. We downloaded vlc is 0.2.62 version.
> > > 2. We use OS are Windows 9X ,Windows ME and Windows 2000.
> > > 3. We've extracted vlc-0.2.62-BeOS.zip and run "install" file.
> > > 4. We got the error message "If you can't open certain type of file, you
> > > should select the suitable file drivers from the driver's list in

Videolan hasn't been ported to Windows, which means you cannot run vlc
neither try to install it. People are beginning to work on this but it's
likely to take time.

Finally,,if you intend to use free software, you should get used to
using the good addresses, to subscribing to mailing-list you are sending
questions, and reading the documentation.

--
Henri Fallon