QT plugin

Matthew Gabeler-Lee msg2 at po.cwru.edu
Tue Mar 20 18:02:45 CET 2001

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Christophe Massiot wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 19, 2001, Matthew Gabeler-Lee wrote:
>
> > The makefile for the qt plugin doesn't do qt correctly, as various paths
> > are hardcoded, ad qt is assumed to be in /usr, which is generally not
> > the case for installs from the qt source.
>
> So what's the correct way to do it ? Is there a sort of `gtk-config`
> utility ?

The kosher way is usually to use the $QTDIR environment variable
So:
CFLAGS += ${QTDIR}/include
LDFLAGS += -L${QTDIR}/lib

or something similar

I believe there are m4 bits that you can load from configure.in to do
this kind of thing automagically.  Licq's qt-gui plugin has this in
configure.in:

dnl Check for QT
AC_PATH_QT
AC_PATH_QT_LIB

if test "$have_qt_lib" = no; then
  AC_MSG_ERROR([

I can't find the QT libraries. It is recommended to set the QTDIR
environment
variable.

Install the QT libraries, or if you have them installed, override this
check
with the --with-qt-libraries argument, and I'll take your word for it.
])

fi

AC_PATH_QT_INC
if test "$have_qt_inc" = no; then
  AC_MSG_ERROR([

I can't find the QT header files.

Install the QT development package, or if you have them installed,
override
this check with the --with-qt-includes argument, and I'll take your word
for
it.
])

fi

dnl Check for QT version
AC_MSG_CHECKING(for QT >= 2.1)
if test ! -r $ac_cv_header_qtinc/qbig5codec.h; then
  AC_MSG_ERROR([

    $ac_cv_header_qtinc/qbig5codec.h does not exist.
    Sorry, but you need QT version 2.1 or higher to compile the Qt gui
plugin.
  ])
else
  AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
fi

AC_PATH_QT_MOC
AC_PATH_QT_FINDTR
AC_PATH_QT_MSGTOQM
AC_PATH_QT_MERGETR

Hope this helps

--
	-Matt

The trouble with Scotland is that it's full of Scots!
 - leibniz rumor