how to play files over LAN

jeevo milkha singh jeevo at lycos.com
Wed May 2 21:55:18 CEST 2001

--

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:44:13
 Henri Fallon wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 30, 2001, jeevo milkha singh wrote:
>>  1) what command should I give on the vlms?
>
>vlms -d client_address file1.vob file2.vob file3.vob ...

>Be aware that if you want many clients to receive the same stream à the
>same time, you should use a broadcast address, and the use vlc >= 0.2.73

>henri

Hi Henry,

I did as you had told me to....

On server machine
vlms -d client_address file.vob

On client machine:
vlc -V  x11 --input ts server.somedomain.com

I get the followin message on the client machine:
VideoLAN Client -version 0.2.70  .....

intf: interface initialized
vout: video display initialized (720x576,16/16 bpp )
NetworkOpen: can't connect socket
NetworkOpen: can't connect socket

Why can't the VLC create a socket connection to the server...???? I am giving the proper server address ....so where is the problem.... Someone please help..
Thanks in advance
Jeevo

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!