how to install

Jake Goulding shepmaster at mac.com
Thu May 17 05:37:10 CEST 2001

Yo,

Basically, what you have to do is configure the source code, then
compile it. Here's detailed instructions, since you are completely new
to the command line:

After downloading and expanding the source code on the desktop (I assume
here that Stuffit Expander did this for you), you will need to open the
Terminal then type this

"cd Desktop"  -  this will _C_hange your _D_irectory to the desktop
"cd vlc folder"  -  once again, changing into the vlc folder, replace it
with whatever the actual name is
"./configure && make"  -  this will configure and make the vlc
application, amazing huh?

A bunch of text from the compiler will stream by, then eventuall you
should have the finished product.

-jake goulding

BTW- note that this list is mostly regular linux users (I assume) so you
may want to make sure from now on that your questions pertain to MacOS X.