vlc not playing smoothly

Lasse Aagren l.aagren at aagren.org
Thu May 24 04:04:15 CEST 2001

Hi,

I've just discovered the VideoLAN project, and I'm very impressed! But I
have some question. Functionel, it's the best DVD-payer i've seen by far, but
the performance lacks I think.

On my Celeron 366 running at 458MHz I'm playing DVD's wiyhout problems and
very smoothly with xine, but with vlc it doesn't run that smoothly,
regardless which output module I use (xvideo, sdl, x11). And it doesn't even
use half of my cputime, så it's not the processor? I've read in the list
archive, that a great performance increase is expected soon. I will look
forward to that, but until then i would like to know if there is anything I
can do to get vlc to run more smoothly?

--
Aagren