win2k problem

jericho frogboy08 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 12:02:59 CET 2001

I am running Win2k and using vlc-0.2.83 (at the time it is the latest
available for windows platforms).
Under Win98 I had no problems at all using vlc on most DVD's, Shawshank
Redemption and X-Men: The Phoenix Saga will run but have problems with
sound speed, but only on some parts of the DVD (Shawshank it is all
through, X-Men it is only on the fifth and sixth chapters all the time,
and only parts during the other episodes). Usually stopping/pausing the
movie and starting it again fixes the problem temporarily.
Under Win2k I will enter the dvd drive letter into the Device Name of
the Disc option and nothing happens, no access on the dvd drive at all.

Any ideas how this can be solved...

Thankyou
Jaleco

=====