device dvd with macppc and vlc for Windows 2000

Doug Wolfgram dew at gfx.com
Sat Nov 24 23:57:20 CET 2001

This worked! (sorta)

I put /dev/hdc in the preferences and load disk and it opened a video
window. My shell windows says playing normal. But I get no video. I also
get the same authentication error when I first run VLC:

Authentication Rejected, reason: none of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

then,

multiple segmentation faults occurred: can't display error dialog.

Ugh. Seems like I'm getting closer, but not quite there yet...

--

Doug Wolfgram
Principal