0.2.9x big improvement over 0.2.8x for me

Rich Birch richardbirch at dial.pipex.com
Fri Nov 30 01:52:06 CET 2001

In my experience 0.2.9x produces a lot smoother video, even on RH7.2. Before
these releases the picture used to jerk frequently but it's now very smooth.
It seems to work best in SDL.

My configuration is as follows:
PIII 500, 384MB, Voodoo 3 2000, SoundBlaster 128 PCI, Pioneer 10x DVD-114
Redhat 7.2 (XF86 4.1, KDE 2.2.2, SDL 1.2.2-3)

The only problem I have now is that I get clicking sounds quite frequently.
They seem to occurr mostly in quiet places. In Toy Story 2 just after the
beginning sequence there is a scene with just a few voices (buzz and woody)
and that's the first place where the clicking seems to start. I was wondering
if it's possible that in loud places the clicking is drowned out but it seems
loud enough to be noticable over reasonably loud sound, so i don't think it
occurs much if at all when the sound is loud overall.

Hope this helps, and thanks for an excellent product.

Rich