source code ...

Johan Van Rompay Johan.VanRompay at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Oct 9 12:52:29 CEST 2001

Hello,

Where can I find the source code for "vlc" (for Windows NT) ?

I want to build this application using Visual C++ 6, is this easy to do ?

I don't need to play dvd, I don't need network support, ... I just need a
mpeg2-player where I can select a number of frames to play.

e.g.
---
I have a mpeg2-file of 1000 frames, but I just want to play frame 123->355,
not the whole mpeg.

Will it be very difficult to change the source code, so that the player
doesn't use seconds but frames to navigate ?

With kind regards.

PS :
----
As I said, I just need a player that can play the indicated frames, and not
the whole mpeg.
I have been looking around on the internet, but I didn't find a simple
mpeg-player that uses frames instead of seconds.
I suppose the only way to get such a player is to change an existing player,
I just don't know how difficult this will be.