vlc0.2.90 osX and Quicktime

Jesper Nilsson jesnil at mac.com
Thu Oct 11 23:24:58 CEST 2001

I just tested to use the quicktime function in vlc0.2.90. It was much
faster that the usual way to output. But on the other side; you cant
pause or re-scale the picture. Did not even get --fullscreen to work.
And the picture has bad AR if it isnt defoult 16:9 or something. for
example all my SVCDs.

But my question is; in what direction is this quicktime-thingy moving?
Is it just a YUV test or is this the output you choose to use in the
future. If you will continue to use quicktime YOV then a export
implementation would be cool.

But now I can watch my SVCDs on my iMac almost flawless. And that is so
great!

/jesper nilsson