vlc stops

Michael Willems mwillems at ixonet.com
Fri Oct 12 00:55:34 CEST 2001

I have had this problem for a while but I decided to await the next version.
Alas, this has the same problem.

Symptom: I play a DVD (in this case region 1 version of X-men) and it plays
fine (note: the sound is very low!). At a certain point it just stops. This,
below, is the -vvv output when I start at such a section. Look at the "EOF
reached" near the end.

Needless to say, this DVD plays fine on my TV's DVD player!

Any ideas about the two problems (low sound and unplayable DVDs)?

Michael

[michael at ws-office michael]$ vlc -vvvvv
VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.90 Ourumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN

intf: playlist initialized
module: checking built-in modules
module: new builtin module `es', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Elementary Stream input
modulemodule: new builtin module `ps', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Program Stream
input module
module: new builtin module `ts', ISO 13818-1 MPEG Transport Stream input
module
module: new builtin module `yuv', YUV transformations module
module: new builtin module `idct', IDCT module
module: new builtin module `idctclassic', classic IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motion', motion compensation module
module: new builtin module `imdct', AC3 IMDCT module
module: new builtin module `downmix', AC3 downmix module
module: new builtin module `yuvmmx', MMX YUV transformations module
module: new builtin module `idctmmx', MMX IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motionmmx', MMX motion compensation module
module: new builtin module `idctmmxext', MMX EXT IDCT module
module: new builtin module `motionmmxext', MMXEXT motion compensation
module
module: new builtin module `imdct3dn', 3D Now! AC3 IMDCT module
module: new builtin module `downmix3dn', 3D Now! AC3 downmix module
module: new builtin module `imdctsse', SSE AC3 IMDCT module
module: new builtin module `downmixsse', SSE AC3 downmix module
module: new builtin module `dvd', DVD input module, linked with libdvdcss
module: new builtin module `dummy', dummy functions module
module: new builtin module `null', the Null module that does nothing
module: new builtin module `rc', remote control interface module
module: checking plugin modules
module: browsing `.'
module: browsing `plugins'
module: browsing `/usr/local/lib/videolan/vlc'
module: new plugin module `dsp', Linux OSS /dev/dsp module
module: new plugin module `gtk', Gtk+ interface module
module: new plugin module `x11', X11 module
module: new plugin module `xvideo', XVideo extension module
module: module bank initialized
module: gtk has score 90
module: rc has score 2
module: dummy has score 1
module: locking module `gtk'
intf: interface initialized
module: hiding unused plugin module `xvideo'
module: hiding unused plugin module `x11'
module: hiding unused plugin module `dsp'
intf: added `dvd:/dev/dvd' to playlist
input: playlist item `dvd:/dev/dvd'
module: dummy has score 1
module: dvd has score 100
module: ts has score 2
module: ps has score 10
module: es has score 5
module: locking module `dvd'
dvd info: netlist initialized
ifo info: vmg initialized
dvd info: number of titles: 34
ifo info: vts 4 initialized
dvd: title 1 vts_title 1 pgc 1
dvd info: title: 1
    vobstart at: 1227135 blocks
    stream size: 2605098 blocks
    number of chapters: 29
    number of angles: 1
dvd info: video
    compression: mpeg-2
    tv system: ntsc 525/60 Hz
    aspect ratio: 16:9
    display mode: letterboxed
    line21-1: data present in GOP
    line21-2:
    source res: 720x480 ntsc or 720x576 pal
    letterboxed: no
    mode: camera
module: motionmmxext has score 200
module: motionmmx has score 150
module: motion has score 50
module: locking module `motionmmxext'
module: idctmmxext has score 200
module: idctmmx has score 150
module: idctclassic has score 100
module: idct has score 50
module: locking module `idctmmxext'
dvd info: audio 1
    language: English
    mode: ac3
    channel(s): 6
    sampling: 48000 Hz
    appl_mode: not specified
    caption: normal caption
    quantization: drc
    status: 0
dvd info: audio 2
    language: English
    mode: ac3
    channel(s): 2
    sampling: 48000 Hz
    appl_mode: not specified
    caption: normal caption
    quantization: drc
    status: 1
dvd info: audio 3
    language: Francais
    mode: ac3
    channel(s): 2
    sampling: 48000 Hz
    appl_mode: not specified
    caption: normal caption
    quantization: drc
    status: 2
dvd info: spu 1
    caption: 5
    language: English
    prefix: 100
    status: 4:3 0 wide 0 letter 4 pan 0
dvd info: spu 2
    caption: 1
    language: Espanol
    prefix: 100
    status: 4:3 0 wide 1 letter 5 pan 0
dvd info: spu 4
    caption: 9
    language: Francais
    prefix: 100
    status: 4:3 0 wide 3 letter 7 pan 0
module: downmixsse has score 0
module: downmix3dn has score 200
module: downmix has score 50
module: locking module `downmix3dn'
module: imdctsse has score 0
module: imdct3dn has score 200
module: imdct has score 50
module: locking module `imdct3dn'
dvd info: chapter 18 start at: 5335234560
dvd error: can't find sector
dvd error: can't find next cell
input: EOF reached
intf: stream has changed, refreshing interface
module: unlocking module `idctmmxext'
module: unlocking module `motionmmxext'
aout: no aout present, spawning one
module: dsp has score 100
module: dummy has score 1
module: locking module `dsp'
aout info: signed 16 bits stereo thread
aout info: audio output thread 28265 spawned
aout info: fifo #0 allocated, 2 channels, rate 0
aout info: fifo #0 destroyed
module: unlocking module `downmix3dn'
module: unlocking module `imdct3dn'
module: unlocking module `dvd'
module: unlocking module `dsp'
module: hiding unused plugin module `dsp'