Libdvdcss, more info

Craig Orsinger cjorsinger at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 12 01:26:01 CEST 2001

On 2001.10.11 14:10:30 -0700 Michael Willems wrote:
> Thanks for all the input!
>
> >>I'd suggest that the original poster use that to
> rebuild his libdvdcss now, and remove the old one if it's there. <<
>
> Sorry to ask, but.... how? :-)

	Retrieve the SRPM from the Videolan download page.

	If you did install the libdvdcss library using RPM previously,
don't remove the files. They'll be replaced later.

	Find the current version of libdvdcss using the command
"locate libdvdcss.so" You can use RPM to check if these files were
installed using "rpm -qf <file pathname>". Remove any that do not
belong to an RPM. Any that do belong to an RPM will be replaced
later.

	Rebuild the SRPMS using "rpm --rebuild
libdvdcss-<whatever>.src.rpm".

	In the output of that command, there will be a line of the form:

"Wrote: /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/libdvdcss-<whatever>.i386.rpm"

	Use that line to install the RPM using:

	rpm -Uvh <path from wrote: line>

	See "man rpm" for more explanation ;-)