using in MacOS X

neil epstein neps at mac.com
Fri Oct 12 16:48:52 CEST 2001

I see the manual doesn't have any update for the MacOS X so I'm a little
lost, I hope someone should be kind enough to help.

How do I get this to work?

I downloaded the vlc for MacOS X.. is that all? The program decompress and
runs, but how do I get it to play a DVD? I tried using the terminal to run
the vlc, but it said it couldn't find the program vlc to run. Do I still
need to compile this program or is there further stuff to download?

Also, will this work in any Mac with a dvd player that can play DVD's in
9.2.1, or is only those machines that can play DVD in 10.1 with Apple's app?
I say this because apple's DVD app only works on software based DVD players.
The first few generations of DVD in Apple hardware, used hardware based
decoders to run. This program would be a great alternative if it was able to
run in these machines. It would be something that myself and many others
would pay to have.

Thanks and keep up the excellent work!

neil