vlc 0.2.90 strange behavior

John Williams jswillms at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 12 21:07:28 CEST 2001

Yes, thanks. That solved the problem. Are there any good full audio/video
streams that I can use to test that I have everything installed correctly?
random.mpg seems to not play correctly. Would like to know if it is my
fault prior to opening a bug report.

John

                    Christophe
                    Massiot              To:     vlc at videolan.org
                    <massiot at via.e       cc:
                    cp.fr>               Subject:     Re: vlc 0.2.90 strange behavior
                    Sent by:
                    vlc-bounce at vid
                    eolan.org

                    10/12/01 11:16
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to vlc

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001, John Williams wrote:

> Tried 0.2.83 (via RPMs) and 0.2.90 built from tarball, on MDK 8.1. GUI
> comes up, but when trying to view a test bitstream (bbc3_015.m2v) and a
> sample (random.mpg) the slider moves very fast and no other windows are
> launched.

If your streams are video-only (ie. no system layer) you still need to
use "--input es" for the time being.

--
Christophe Massiot.