Can't compile vlc0.2.90

Chris Jensen christopher.jensen at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
Tue Oct 16 07:51:20 CEST 2001

Hi,
>    idctaltivec.c shouldn't be built for an x86 target. This is probably
> caused by the CFLAGS variable you are setting. Don't try to be cleverer
> than the configure script, it works fine with an empty $CFLAGS :-)

How do I tell configure not to compile this? I've tried
    --disable-altivec
    --without-idctaltivec
    --disable-idctlaltivec
but conigure always says
    checking if $CC groks Altivec inline assembly... yes
Which I assume means it thinks it can compile altivec assembly.
And the summary always says
    built-in modules      : es ... idctaltivec motionaltivec dvd null rc
How can I prevent it from thinking that it should be compiled?
I have no setting for CC, and, as I said before, this happens weather my
CFLAGS variable is set to "-O3 -march=i686 -mcpu=i686" or nothing.

Chris Jensen