VLC 0.2.90 on FreeBSD with SSE support

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Fri Oct 19 02:05:24 CEST 2001

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 01:16:00AM +0200, Samuel Hocevar wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2001, Christophe Massiot wrote:
> >
> > >Now vlc cores when trying to play a DVD.  It plays a very short .mpg file I
> > >have fine.
> >
> > Maybe try to delete *sse.so plug-ins. But that's just a (pretty bad)
> > workaround.
>
>    They are now built-ins... The solution would be to edit Makefile.opts
> after running ./configure and remove *sse* entries from the BUILTINS
> line.

Well, since vlc is the only program I have noticed needing SSE support, I will
just run the non-SSE kernel.  I was hoping you guys might be able to tell me
if this is a vlc or FreeBSD problem or how to determine that.

--
Scott Lambert          KC5MLE            Unix SysAdmin -- Looking for work.
lambert at lambertfam.org       http://www.lambertfam.org/~lambert/resume.html