Stil nothing playing...

John Marr jpmarr at optonline.net
Wed Oct 24 01:56:23 CEST 2001

Question:

When you attempt to play a dvd, do you get a blue screen and sound like
the dvd is playing?

If that is the case, then the problem is that the default dvd player is
/dev/dvd. If you start vlc and change the default to /dev/cdrom THEN play
the dvd, it will work. This happens to me all the time. What bugs me,
however, is the fact that I save this setting in the preferences, but each
time i start vlc, the default is still /dev/dvd.

Best of luck

John Marr