new kernel - no nvidia driver...

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Wed Oct 24 19:57:48 CEST 2001

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 01:49:38PM -0400, Bradley M Alexander wrote:
> On the subject of nVidia cards, is the NVAGP driver better than AGPGART?
> The kernel loads agpgart:
>
> Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
> agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 564M
> agpgart: Detected Via Apollo Pro KT133 chipset
> agpgart: AGP aperture is 4M @ 0xe7800000
>
> instead of loading NVAGP:
>
> NVRM: not using NVAGP, AGPGART is loaded!!
>
> Do I need to correct this, and if so, how do I disable agpgart?

nvidia says you should use NVAGP, and I didn't have any problems doing
that.

you disable it by saying "no" to the appropriate option in the kernel
config. if you "make menuconfig" or "make xconfig", its in some
non-obvious place like char devices. not sure where exactly.

--
-- http://web.lemuria.org