Vert

mike at unlikely.org mike at unlikely.org
Sat Oct 27 02:05:38 CEST 2001

So, I can't find any reference to how to submit bugs on the web site.
I apologize if this is the wrong place, but here goes anyhow...

- I get green vertical patchy (ie not solid but broken) lines on color
  DVDs.

- On some black and white movies, it doesn't happen, but some
  it does.

- If I give vlc the --greyscale flag, the whole picture is black and
  green instead of black and white.

- It happens on two different machines with different types of video
  cards and different types of CPUs.

- It happens on every version of vlc that I've used, which is .61
  through .90.

- sdl and xvideo output are the only two output methods affected; x11
  is not.

- It happens in 24 and 16 bpp.

- I'm using an ATI Rage 128 and XFree86 4.1.0 under RH Linux.  Several
  kernels exhibit the same behavior.  All 2.4.x.

Merci.