Vert

Steven Anker steven at frog.nl
Mon Oct 29 08:46:32 CET 2001

I'm not sure, but it could be your AGP settings. Green colors in hardware
accelerated video sometimes imply that your AGP card is running too fast
for your PC. I have seen it a lot of times on Windows machines, with
GeForce and ATI Rage 128 (Pro) cards running at AGP 4x. In all cases the
problem was fixed by setting the AGP speed to AGP 2x.

But I know nothing of AGP on a Linux machine, so I could be wrong.

> So, I can't find any reference to how to submit bugs on the web site.
> I apologize if this is the wrong place, but here goes anyhow...
>
> - I get green vertical patchy (ie not solid but broken) lines on color
>   DVDs.
>
> - On some black and white movies, it doesn't happen, but some
>   it does.
>
> - If I give vlc the --greyscale flag, the whole picture is black and
>   green instead of black and white.
>
> - It happens on two different machines with different types of video
>   cards and different types of CPUs.
>
> - It happens on every version of vlc that I've used, which is .61
>   through .90.
>
> - sdl and xvideo output are the only two output methods affected; x11
>   is not.
>
> - It happens in 24 and 16 bpp.
>
> - I'm using an ATI Rage 128 and XFree86 4.1.0 under RH Linux.  Several
>   kernels exhibit the same behavior.  All 2.4.x.
>
> Merci.

Steven Anker

e-mail: steven at frog.nl

Frog Navigation B.V.