ATI Radeon and DVD Playback: overlay problems??

nick lidakis nick.lidakis at verizon.net
Thu Sep 20 02:27:08 CEST 2001

Aynone using vlc with a radeon card to playbacl DVD's? Audio is really
out of sync on my machine, and when I move, resize or send the video
window to another desktop the last frame played is stuck there on all my
desktops. Anybody have succesfull results with DVD playback and a radeon
card? I should aslo mention that this problem occurs with any mpeg
player; vlc, xine etc. Vlc and xine play flawlessly on my thinkpad a22m
(ati rage 128 mobility) using debian woody and xfree 4.1.5. Any
sugestions?

debian woody with xfree 4.1.05
radeon 64Mb agp ddr
tyan tiger 230 with dual 1Ghz Cpu's, 512Mb ram