Problem compiling vlc

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Sat Apr 13 15:11:58 CEST 2002

Pierre wrote:

> On 2002.04.12 11:04 Jean-Paul Saman wrote:
> > Pierre wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I try to compile vlc-0.3.0 my linux slackware 8 with gcc-3.0.4
> >> there was no problem with the configure, but for the make i got :
> >>

> > Do you have development libraries for KDE and QT installed?
>
> What packages are you thinking about ?

I found these on my RH7.1 machine that should give you the development
headers and libraries you need for compiling.
You should check if these are available on your system. The qt-devel and
kdelibs-devel should matter for building.

qt-devel-2.3.0-3
kdelibs-devel-2.1.1-5

I do not know if you need these:

qt1x-devel-1.45-12
kdesupport-devel-2.1-3

Of course for reading DVD you will also need these from the VideoLAN
website. Just take the latest ones up there

libcss-devel-0.1.0-1
libdvdread-devel-0.9.2-1

Good luck.

> Pierre.