vlc error when starting

Loïc Minier lool at via.ecp.fr
Tue Apr 16 05:13:24 CEST 2002

Masami Yamagishi <Masami.Yamagishi at hds.com> - Mon, Apr 15, 2002:
> plug-in modules       : dummy null rc logger mpeg_es mpeg_ps mpeg_ts file
> udp http ipv4 memcpy lpcm_adec ac3_spdif spudec filter_deinterlace
> filter_invert filter_wall filter_transform filter_distort fx_scope dvd vcd
> ipv6 x11 sdl fb dsp

 This is my ./configure plug-in line of output :

  plug-in modules       : dummy null rc logger mpeg_es mpeg_ps mpeg_ts
  file udp http ipv4 memcpy lpcm_adec ac3_spdif spudec filter_deinterlace
  filter_invert filter_wall filter_transform filter_distort fx_scope dvd
  vcd ipv6 x11 sdl fb dsp gtk gnome

 You see I got "gtk", and also "gnome". We both have "rc". So we can
both use 'vlc --intf rc' to pilot vlc. For example if you type 'q'
<enter>, it should quit.

 The gtk interface wasn't built because the gtk headers are mandatory to
compile it. The configure.in describes the steps needed to check for the
GTK headers. Basically, it should look for gtk-config to get the
informations it needs then checks the version of the headers.
 To solve this, you'll have to install the GTK development package, or
- if this already done - to check if gtk-config is in your path. If you
prefer to give the locatiob of the gtk-config script by hand, use the
--with-gtk-config-path option.

 The gnome interface wasn't built because it's disabled by default, so
you need to do a './configure --enable-gnome' to enable it. Then it will
go to the same process of looking for the header files.

> I got some warnings when compiling as below.
> Are those causing the problem?

 They are not, the problem comes earlier, but these should also be
solved now or then, it's a small dirty part which shouldn't affect you
right now.

 Have fun, and do not forget to make distclean before relaunching a
./configure or it could use earlier options.

--
Loïc Minier <lool at via.ecp.fr>