os-x mpeg-2 playing they 1000 movies on archive.org

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Thu Apr 18 13:43:42 CEST 2002

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002, Brewster Kahle wrote:

> I work with the Internet Archive which has posted 1000 mpeg-2 movies
> for free download and reuse. Unfortunately I can not play them on
> os-x. there is an audio problem and the 2/3 d1 encoded movies are not
> expanded to full width.
>
> Does anyone know about these issues? Is there an easy work-around?

   AFAIK the aspect ratio issue under OS X has been fixed in the
current CVS. Expect a release within a few hours.

   As for the audio problem, did you try it under another platform
supported by vlc, such as Linux PC? It might help us understanding
whether it's an OS X specific bug or not.

Regards,
--
Sam.