DVD minor problem

Hans-Peter Fischer special at hei-news.de
Thu Apr 18 19:50:05 CEST 2002

Hi,

Rory Hunter wrote:
> I'm got vlc working great for watching DVDs, though I've noticed that
> certain DVDs seem to cause my DVD player to read the disc at a faster
> (noisier!) speed that most of my discs. Has anyone else experienced
> this, and maybe knows why this happens?

I have one DVD where this happens to me too, but I don't know why. I
suspect buggy firmware of the drive, but that's just a guess. Which
drive model do you have? I have a Pioneer 116. I had to slow it down by
putting it in a Windows box and running Pioneer's Windows utility on it
(they don't have a Linux version :-(, because at the high speed it used
to rev up and then down again, causing a pause in playback each time
that happened. Slowing the drive down fixed it, but - as I said - one
DVD still triggers the old behaviour.

Anyway, it's not a vlc problem because I verified that it also happens
with other player software.

Hans-Peter

--
Je vais bien merci je vous en prie.