probem compiling linux .3.1

Richard richrd at hal-pc.org
Fri Apr 19 20:16:48 CEST 2002

I have SuSE Linux 7.2.  I had vlc.3.0 'working' but decided to try vlc.3.1
After doing a make I get the following error message;
. . .
extras  -DMODULE_NAME=dvd -DMODULE_NAME_IS_dvd  -c dvd_access.c -o
dvd_access.lo.dvd
dvd_access.c: In function `DVDSetArea':
dvd_access.c:437: `DVDCSS_SEEK_KEY' undeclared (first use in this function)
dvd_access.c:437: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
dvd_access.c:437: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [dvd_access.lo.dvd] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/vlc-0.3.1/plugins/dvd'
make: *** [plugins/dvd.so] Error 2

I looked at dvd_access and sure enough there is no declaration for
DVDCSS-SEEK_KEY.

I look further down and can find no declaration  for DVD_SEEK_MPEG either

What to Do????

BTW, You people are doing a great job with this program.  Except for the
slighltly wavy audio it works fine with a few exceptions.  for example, if I
click pause then resume the audio is out of sync -- but eventually it goes
back into sync.

Thanks,
Richard
richrd at hal-pc.org