DVD minor problem

Hans-Peter Fischer special at hei-news.de
Sat Apr 20 13:39:07 CEST 2002

Loïc Minier wrote:
>  Sometimes the DMA just goes away, this is very rare, but then the
> system takes 40 to 50% of a 733 MHz PIII  :-(  Maybe that could explain
> your problems ?

When you say the DMA goes away, do you mean that the driver switches to
non-DMA operation? So that hdparm reports DMA=off? I'll check that, but
I don't think that's what is happening here.

By the way, the problem I have always occurs toward the end of the film(s).

--
Ich war Hamlet. Ich stand an der Küste und redete mit der Brandung
BLABLA, im Rücken die Ruinen von Europa.

         (Heiner Müller: Die Hamletmaschine)

::: http://www.hei-news.de/ :::