VLC MacOS X build

Kadari Mayson dark3lf at mac.com
Mon Apr 22 22:53:35 CEST 2002

On 4/22/02 4:21 PM, "Christophe Massiot" <massiot at via.ecp.fr> wrote:

> À (At) 7:12 -0400 22/04/2002, Kadari Mayson écrivait (wrote) :
>> Hi, I just got the 0.31 binary and am trying to run the Mac OS X build on
>> 10.1.4, I try to launch it from the command line and I get this message:
>>
>> dyld: ./vlc can't open library: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib  (No such file
>> or directory, errno = 2)
>
> This comes from a broken package I uploaded on Thursday. I have
> uploaded a revised package on Friday, so you just need to download
> the new .dmg file.

Yes, I see now thank you!  For some reason, my Mac plays disks on
/dev/rdisk2 instead of rdisk1 as the documentation says.  In some future
build, will you make it so everything is accessible from within the
application instead of the cli?

BTW- most of my VCDs (80-90%) do not play at all on MacVCD X 4.0, but play
without any troubles with vlc.  They're not even SVCDs, weird.  Why would
this be?

Great work,
./km