VideoLAN Client 0.3.1 libdvdcss snag

David Legg David.Legg at legg.uklinux.net
Mon Apr 29 22:54:20 CEST 2002

Gildas Bazin wrote:

> On Friday 26 April 2002 23:19, David Legg wrote:
>
>> Anyway, VLC is looking really good; I just need to get the audio running
>> without clicks every second or so.
>>

> Could you try to change the value for "AOUT_BUFFER_DURATION" in
> include/config.h ?
> Try to increase or decrease this value (x2 or /2).
>
> This might ( or might not ;-) solve your problem.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Gildas

Tried both x2 and /2, but both (surprisingly) made the 'clicking' much
worse.

I suspect that the problem is just that my 400MHz Pentium hasn't quite
got enough 'poke' (power). Does anybody know if there are some functions
that can be configured out in order to liberate more processing power
for sound and pictures?

Cheers,
David Legg