Big problem vlc

karamba karamba karamba001 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 2 18:35:36 CEST 2002

>From: Christophe Massiot <massiot at via.ecp.fr>
>To: vlc at videolan.org
>Subject: Re: Big problem vlc
>Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 23:39:51 +0200
>
>At 17:39 +0000 30/07/2002, karamba karamba wrote:
>
>>It's like this: Starting VLC works fine. I am able to watch every possible
>>movie. But than I can't start any other application exept the one are open
>>(there is no possibility to start a new application) unless I completly
>>deinstall vlc!!!
>>I just tryed the restart and the following happend:
>>First I took vlc to my application folder than I watched a movie and
>>afterwards closed vlc. Since there was no possibility to open any other
>>application, I restarted my TiBook 550Mhz, OS 10.1.5 and than locked in
>>and try to start my mail-, chimera-, and IE-application, but big surprise,
>>the only application starts up was VLC??????
>>So that's where I am now, I just can't understand what's going on. After I
>>tryed everything, there was the only possibility to completely deinstall
>>the hole vlc application and surprise, everything works nice again!!!!
>>Is'nt that strage? Well thank's for your help and I hope there will be a
>>possibility to use vlc as a normal application quite soon!!!!
>
>Since you're the only one reporting such symptoms, I definitely believe
>there is something wrong with your system. Reinstall OS X and try again.
>
>--
>Christophe Massiot.
>
>--

Hi Christophe!
Thanks for your help. After you showed me the way it was quite easy to find
the bug. Somehow something wend wrong with my user-folder???? Anyway after I
deleted the whole folder and reinstalled everything, vlc 0.4.3 works perfect
on my TiBook!!!!
No more troubles. Once again "Thank you very much" for your fast reply and
helpful answers.
Have a nice weekend
Helmut