pause during play dvd

Denny Schierz linuxmail at 4lin.net
Sat Aug 17 23:55:02 CEST 2002

hi,

yes, Mplayer works fine, but it isn't possible for me to play dvd with
AC3 Sound through SPDIF, so that my Decoder Play 5.1 sound. With mplayer
i have only a better stereo :-( Xine works nice for some minutes, than
the system freeze und i have to reset my maschine :-((

vlc is the only player who has no probs with sound and freeze.

by

ps. mplayer -dvd 1 -ao alsa9 -ac hwc3 or

mplayer -dvd 1 -ao alsa9:hw:0,3 does not work