VideoLan

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Aug 19 09:50:30 CEST 2002

On Friday 16 August 2002 09:02, Smith, Paul R wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I use the VideoLan player under Windows 2000 I simply get a black
> screen and broken up sound.
>
> Is this normal and should I just wait? Or is there something up with my
> machine?

There's surely something wrong, but I don't have enough information to help
you there.

Could you send us a log file? To get a log file you need to open a dos
command box, go to the directory where VLC is installed and run "vlc
--intf=logger path_and_name_of_your_video_file". Using the logger
interface, you won't have any GUI showing up but you should be able to see
the video window. All you'll need to do after that is to send us the
vlc.log file that has been created.

There's something else you can try. Could you go into the preferences menu
of the GUI and play with the config options of the directx module.

Regards,

--
Gildas