[vlc] Re: Windows crash on plugin save.

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Dec 2 09:05:49 CET 2002

On Monday 02 December 2002 08:32, Colin Sandland wrote:
> Is there any fix for the way that the 0.4.6 version seems to give a
> fault in intfwin.so or something like that. I can see the video on the
> display, but cannot get any audio. Otherwise a great product.

There are a few things you can try. You can start by removing the "videolan"
subdirectory in your "Application Data" folder (This will remove the
configuration file for vlc).

If this doesn't solve your problem, there is another package available for
download that contains additional plugins. Another interface (gui) plugin
is included in this package for instance.
(http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/0.4.6/win32/vlc-0.4.6-win32.zip)

Extract the package in the directory of your choice, run vlc from this
directory and go to the preferences menu then select the "gtk" interface
module. Don't forget to save and restart vlc.

If you don't manage to save the configuration (crash for instance), then you
can directly run vlc with the "gtk" interface from a dos command box. Just
open a dos command box, go to the directory where vlc is installed and run
"vlc -I gtk".

Hope this helps,

--
Gildas