[vlc] Re: no video but the timeline

Andreas Krings andreas.krings at rwth-aachen.de
Tue Dec 10 23:57:05 CET 2002

>Well, it looks like you modified a few things in the preferences panel of
>vlc and mispelled the "xvideo" plugin into "xvide" which of course isn't
>going to work.
>
>I would advise you to completely remove your current config file for vlc.
>(rm ~/.videolan/vlcrc)
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>--
>Gildas

Hello Gildas,

thanks much for your quick answer. But after i deleted this file my vlc
crashes when i load a video.(The video is ok, on my other PC runs vlc
with this video without problems!) There comes a black window (i think
its PAL-SIZE) and no more! Crash means that i can only quit the vlc on
the terminal by pressing <ctrl> c for two times. "q" or other keys does
not work any more! Below a output the console log.

Please help me! I need this programm for my streaming!!

Mich Thanks

Andreas

VideoLAN Client - version 0.4.6 Ourumov - (c) 1996-2002 VideoLAN

intf: playlist initialized
module: locking memcpy module `memcpymmxext'
module: locking interface module `gnome'
intf: interface initialized

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
module: hiding unused plugin module `avi'
module: hiding unused plugin module `ipv6'
module: hiding unused plugin module `vcd'
module: hiding unused plugin module `aa'
module: hiding unused plugin module `dvdread'
module: hiding unused plugin module `dvd'
module: hiding unused plugin module `ipv4'
module: hiding unused plugin module `rtp'
module: hiding unused plugin module `http'
module: hiding unused plugin module `udp'
module: hiding unused plugin module `fx_scope'
module: hiding unused plugin module `filter_crop'
intf: added `dvd:/dev/dvd at 1,1' to playlist
module: hiding unused plugin module `filter_clone'
intf: creating new input thread
input: playlist item `dvd:/dev/dvd at 1,1'
input: access `dvd', demux `', name `/dev/dvd at 1,1'
module: builtin module `dvd' found libdvdcss in `libdvdcss.so.2'
input: dvd=/dev/dvd raw= title=1 chapter=1 angle=1
thread info: 1026 (input) has been created (src/input/input.c:197)
module: hiding unused plugin module `filter_distort'
module: hiding unused plugin module `filter_transform'
module: hiding unused plugin module `filter_wall'
module: hiding unused plugin module `filter_invert'
module: hiding unused plugin module `spudec'
module: hiding unused plugin module `sdl'
module: hiding unused plugin module `qt'
module: hiding unused plugin module `lpcm_adec'
module: hiding unused plugin module `filter_deinterlace'
module: hiding unused plugin module `file'
module: hiding unused plugin module `memcpy'
ifo info: vmg initialized
dvd info: number of titles: 4
ifo info: vts 1 initialized
dvd: title 1 vts_title 1 pgc 1
dvd info: title first 90451, last 1956461, size 1956462
dvd warning: DTS audio not handled yet(0x8bbd)
module: locking access module `dvd'
intf: stream has changed, refreshing interface
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_ts'
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_ps'
input: selecting ES 0xe0
module: locking decoder module `mpeg_vdec'
module: locking motion module `motionmmxext'
module: locking iDCT module `idctmmxext'
thread info: 2051 (decoder) has been created (src/input/input_dec.c:85)
input: selecting ES 0xa0bd
module: locking decoder module `lpcm_adec'
thread info: 3076 (decoder) has been created (src/input/input_dec.c:85)
module: locking demux module `dvd'
vpar: no vout present, spawning one
intf: stream has changed, refreshing interface
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_es'
module: hiding unused plugin module `logger'
module: hiding unused plugin module `rc'
module: hiding unused plugin module `null'
aout: no aout present, spawning one
aout error: can't open audio device (/dev/dsp)
module: hiding unused plugin module `dummy'
aout error: SDL_OpenAudio failed (No available audio device)
aout error: no suitable aout module
module: hiding unused plugin module `xvideo'
module: hiding unused plugin module `fb'
module: hiding unused plugin module `glide'
module: hiding unused plugin module `mpeg_audio'
module: hiding unused plugin module `ac3_spdif'
module: hiding unused plugin module `spudec'
module: hiding unused plugin module `sdl'
module: hiding unused plugin module `dsp'
intf error: signal 2 received, exiting - do it again if vlc gets stuck
module: unlocking module `gnome'
intf error: user insisted too much, dying badly